Monday, July 26, 2004

Movie News

Bourne Sequel #1 at Box Office
The sequel to 2002's Bourne Identity took in $53.1 million over the weekend, making it the number one film and eclipsing the highest weekend gross for any James Bond film (Die Another Day grossed $47.1 million on its opening weekend).  The Bourne Supremacy follows on the heels of the first film, picking up the trail of amnesiatic CIA assassin Jason Bourne.

Bourne Review - Not as Good as the First
I enjoyed The Bourne Supremacy as a consistent, taut thriller that expands the character of Jason Bourne and allows him to open up his perpetually shaken can of whip-ass when he's framed for a diplomatic murder.  He's forced out of hiding and again dives into the search for his past as he puzzles together fragments of his memories, desperate to find out what is happening to him.  While not as inventive or substantive as the original, the Bourne Supremacy still ranks high above the usual action movie genre, lacking only in its comparison with the outstanding original.  The original's director, Doug Liman, took care to frame scenes to pull the viewers' eye to the appropriate subject, a concept lost on the frenetic NYPD-Blue-style camera movements of Bourne Supremacy director Paul Greengrass (he replace Liman after a reported clash with the studio).

Return of the King Extended Edition News
Sounds like a lot of people are getting a sneak preview of the new DVD footage to be released in December - the new version of the film is reportedly 50 minutes longer than the 201-minute theatrical release! Ouch!  Here are some tidbits and a few spoilers.  Sorry, no mention of a secret version of "Scouring of the Shire" getting thrown into the mix...

Nobody Cares that Last Star Wars Prequel to be named "Revenge of the Sith"
Lucasfilm announced the title for the final Star Wars prequel and die-hard geeks reacted with unabashed boredom.  If the other films running up the 'bridge' film - it will link the substandard prequels with the classic trilogy - had been less disappointing, there would be more excitement at the announcement.  Real geeks will note the parallels between this title and the final classic trilogy title "Return of the Jedi." And truly sad-devoted geeks with very little social life will undoubtedly remind you that that film was originally titled "Revenge of the Jedi" (Lucas changed it because a Jedi 'wouldn't seek revenge') and ask you home to their parents basement to show you their Star Wars toys. 

"Lost" to Surface on ABC in September
From Alias helmer J. J. Abrams, this Gilligan's Island on Steroids looks to be the most interesting new show announced on the otherwise anemic ABC Fall Schedule.  "48 survivors of a plane crash scavenge for what they can from the plane for their survival and begin exploring the small island where they have washed up. Some panic. Some pin their hopes on rescue. But there is something else on the island, something that doesn't make sense, something that will threaten their survival long before that wished-for rescue boat ever appears on the horizon."

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been to your site and I too am working very hard at google adsense top paying keyword to increase my revenue. I am also looking into many NEW ways to utilize the design to further direct people to follow my ads.
google adsense top paying keyword

adsense_cash said...

Sweet blog you got here! kudos, have u thought of putting Google's AdSense on it? You'de make a bunch of extra change specially when you use google adsense secret and get the top paying keywords

alena said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Disney World Vacations

adsense_cash said...

Gnarly blog dude! Like totally WHOA Keanu style..lol.. u should throw on some make money with adsense and make some dough with this blog since it does so well

blaze said...

Great info about adsense empire I have a lage interest also and have a site about adsense empire please feel free to check it out.

doer said...

Just found your blog, it's great! I also have a web site related to Google Adwords ebooks and software.Thanks!

doer said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I also have a website related togoogle adsense software. So make sure you visit and hope it's useful.

Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Disney Cruise
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

Swingin80 said...

Cool blog you have. I have a make money now related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is make money now

Chris said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Free Ipod Nano site/blog. It pretty much covers free ipod conga related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

If you're a fan of LOST, check out lost in space tv show

Seth said...

hey, nice blog here, mind if i do a link exchange with you?
my blog's nice too, it's about google adsense secrets
stuffs, many more, even becoming rich wealthy exact instructions, something you can't miss!Trust me, you'll change your life in a matter of minutes : )
Can visit my blog about google adsense secrets, business opportunities, becoming rich, and much more, if you don't want to be rich dont ever click

Gordon said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I also have a website related togoogle adsense software. So make sure you visit and hope it's useful.

Google Page Rank 6 said...

Want more clicks to your Adsense Ads on your Blog?

Then you have to check out my blog. I have found a FREE and Legitimate way that will increase your earnings.

Come Check us out. How to Boost Your AdSense Revenue

workfromhome1011 said...

Hello there, I was recently doing a search through blogs for the keyphrase make money at home free. I happened to come across yours even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I figured I wouldn't mind contributing to your blog by commenting it. I've been quite busy to work on my blog lately but I am interested in topics being generally related to what I search for. I know you may not think this is an appropriate post to your blog, however I would just like to compliment you on your blog and I wish you well in future endeavors with it,

Sincerely,

Mark

p.s. I like to take a look at other blogs to get some ideas as to how I am going to form mine.

Johnny said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I have a adwords marketing related website, which informs you about useful ebooks about how to use Google Adwords in a more skilful way

Anonymous said...

I think you're right on track and not many people are willing to admit that they share your views. lost theory is an AWESOME place to discuss LOST.

workfromhome101111 said...

Hello there, I was recently doing a search through blogs for the keyphrase central.net ebook ebook ebookstore make money palm. I happened to come across yours even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I figured I wouldn't mind contributing to your blog by commenting it. I've been quite busy to work on my blog lately but I am interested in topics being generally related to what I search for. I know you may not think this is an appropriate post to your blog, however I would just like to compliment you on your blog and I wish you well in future endeavors with it,

Sincerely,

Mark

p.s. I like to take a look at other blogs to get some ideas as to how I am going to form mine.